Last updated on 23 May 2018
Synetec Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who applies for a job with us. Synetec Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice (together with any other documents referred to herein) sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to Us, will be processed by Us in connection with Our recruitment processes. Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) the Data Controller is Synetec Ltd, 509 The Print Rooms, 164-180 Union Street, London, SE1 0LH. The Data Processor is Workable.com
1. Information We collect from You
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you:
- Information that you provide when you apply for a role. This includes information provided through an online job site, via email, in person at interviews and/or by any other method.
- In particular, We process personal details such as name, email address, address, date of birth qualifications, experience, information relating to your employment history, skills and experience that you provide to Us.
- If you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of all actions that you carry out through the use of the Services.
- Details of your visits to Workable’s Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the site that referred you to Workable’s Website and the resources that you access.
2. Information We Collect From Other Sources
Workable provides Us with the facility to link the data you provide to Us, with other publicly available information about you that you have published on the Internet – this may include sources such as LinkedIn and other social media profiles.
Workable’s technology allows Us to search various databases, which may include your personal data, to find possible candidates to fill Our job openings. Where We find you in this way we will obtain your personal data from these sources.
3. Uses Made Of Your Information
Lawful basis for processing
We rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which We collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are the recruitment of staff for Our business.
Purposes of processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To consider your application in respect of a role for which you have applied.
- To consider your application in respect of other roles.
- To communicate with you in respect of the recruitment process.
- To enhance any information that we receive from you with information obtained from third party data providers.
- To find appropriate candidates to fill Our job openings.
- To help Workable improve their services.
Automated decision making/profiling
We may use Workable’s technology to select appropriate candidates for Us to consider based on criteria we have identified. The process of finding suitable candidates is automatic, however, any decision as to who We will engage to fill the job opening will be made by Our staff.
4. How We Store Your Personal Data
We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where We are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through any online means, therefore any transmission remains at your own risk.
Where We store your personal data
The data that We collect from you and process using Workable’s Services may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for Workable.com. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
In particular, your data may be accessible to i) Workable’s staff in the USA or ii) may be stored by Workable’s hosting service provider on servers in the USA as well as in the EU. The USA does not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. A Data Processor Agreement has been signed between Workable Software Limited and its overseas group companies, and between Workable Software Limited and each of its data processors. These data processor agreements are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal data.
5. How long we keep your personal data
We will hold all the data for 1 year from application. After such time, we delete your records from our Workable account.
6. How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at email@example.com, or using the contact details below in section 8.
7. How we would handle a breach
We know how to recognise a personal data breach. We understand that a personal data breach isn’t only about loss or theft of personal data. We have prepared a response plan for addressing any personal data breaches that occur that includes notifying the ICO within 72 hrs . We have allocated responsibility for managing breaches to a dedicated person or team. Our staff know how to escalate a security incident to the appropriate person or team in our organisation to determine whether a breach has occurred.
8. Contacting Us