Filled: July 2020
Synetec is searching for an enthusiastic, conscientious and skilled Service Desk Analyst.
Synetec design and develop bespoke software systems for multiple clients. Each project is unique, providing different opportunities and challenges. For our Support Desk we use ITIL methodologies and development we use SCRUM and other agile practices to manage our work and we constantly strive to improve what we do.
Within the team we like to encourage a friendly and collaborative atmosphere, from “lunch-and-learn” sessions to team trips to the bowling lane (which may, or may not be a little competitive!) We like team-members to be honest and open with each other, with the common goal of producing quality software, on-time and keeping our clients happy.
Whilst the skills are important for this role, we feel that a person’s character is the most important factor for a team member. We are searching for can-do, positive people that relish a challenge and enjoy solving problems creatively.
As a Service Desk Administrator, you will take a primary role in servicing our clients on the Client Service Desk and provide General IT Support to the Synetec staff, utilising Jira in order to manage and track the tickets. You must have a passion for excellence, striving to continuously improve your skills and have a can-do attitude; leading by example and demonstrating best-practises in all areas of your role.
Internal Synetec IT Support
- Log all support calls for general IT services
- Administrate and provide User account provisioning
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing problems general IT issues
- Ensure all hardware and software setup for new employees is complete
- Writing and editing documentation, and revising tutorials (Confluence) manuals for new and updated software and hardware and new joiners
- Resolving problems with networks and other computer systems
- Diagnosing system errors and other issues
- Installing or changing software to fix issues
- Manage permissions on Software
External Service Desk
- Routine scheduled checks e.g. daily, weekly etc.
- Log all requests to Clients Service Desk
- Troubleshoot any first level support on the tickets, including basic coding
- Route the ticket to necessary 2nd or 3rd level for resolution
- Own the service desk relationship with the client, follow-up tickets and ensure closure
- Use the Incident Management in Jira to document and manage problems and work requests and their respective resolutions and circumvention’s.
- Identify, evaluate and prioritize customer problems and complaints
- Running reports to analyse common complaints and issues
- Ensure that processes and procedures are following in accordance for the company ITIL guidelines.
- You will provide reports and statistics on service desk to clients monthly/ weekly in alignement to their SLA
- Technical helpdesk or technical call centre experience
- Respond promptly to requests for support/service in person, via telephone, email, IM or other digital method
- Accurately diagnose, triage and/or resolve technical hardware, software issues and client system issues
- Research questions as necessary using available information resources for inclusion into the knowledge base
- Communicate and advise users/ clients on appropriate steps to resolve issues (including workarounds)
- Accurately log all IT Service Desk interactions through IT Service Desk software and processes Direct or escalate requests, incidents or problems to correct personnel as required, with accurate and triaged information.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention, informing management of recurring incidents using the incident escalation process
- Follow the ITIL method for Service Desk to include:
- Single Point of contact (SPOC)
- Single Point of entry
- Single Point of exit
- Streamlined communication channel
- Incident Control: Life-cycle management of all service requests
- Communication: keeping customers informed of progress and advising on workarounds
- Understanding of Service Level / Operational Level Agreements and their usage
- Client communication both written and verbal
- Good time and task management
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise work
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Produce documentation and reports to a high standard, when required
- Logical problem solving abilities
- An ability to understand internal/external systems and adhere to processes
- Enjoy the process of learning
- Jira administration skills
- Previous Hubspot administration
- Office 365 Migration and support experience
- Disciplined, systematic problem solving skills required.
- Exposure to ITIL advantage
What we can offer you:
- Culture of inclusivity
- Up-skill/Training opportunities such as: Microsoft 365, MCSA, A+, Jira, Helpdesk, ITIL, Pluralsite
- Office hours will be on a 8am to 5pm or 9am to 6pm rota
- Permanent position
- Great Location in London near London Bridge, Southwark and Waterloo stations
- Starting ASAP. Will be some remote working due to COVID restrictions
- Generous Leave Allowance 23 days leave as well as all working days between Christmas and New Years Day
- Private Healthcare after a qualifying period
- Salary of £25,000 to £30,000 depending on experience
All candidates must have professional level English, UK work experience and the necessary passport or visas to work indefinitely within the UK.
Applicants must register their interest and email through their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org