Filled: April 2020
Synetec is searching for an enthusiastic, conscientious and skilled Service Desk Administrator.
Synetec design and develop bespoke software systems for multiple clients. Each project is unique, providing different opportunities and challenges. For our Support Desk we use ITIL methodologies and development we use SCRUM and other agile practices to manage our work and we constantly strive to improve what we do.
Within the team we like to encourage a friendly and collaborative atmosphere, from “lunch-and-learn” sessions to team trips to the bowling lane (which may, or may not be a little competitive!) We like team-members to be honest and open with each other, with the common goal of producing quality software, on-time and keeping our clients happy.
Whilst the skills are important for this role, we feel that a person’s character is the most important factor for a team member. We are searching for can-do, positive people that relish a challenge and enjoy solving problems creatively.
As a Service Desk Administrator, you will take a primary role in servicing our clients on the Client Service Desk and provide General IT Support to the Synetec staff, utilising Jira in order to manage and track the tickets. You must have a passion for excellence, striving to continuously improve your skills and have a can-do attitude; leading by example and demonstrating best-practises in all areas of your role.
- Log all support calls for general IT services
- Administer and provide User account provisioning.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing problems general IT issues
- Ensure all hardware and software setup for new employees is complete
- Writing and editing documentation, and revising tutorials (Confluence) manuals for new and updated software and hardware and new joiners
- Resolving problems with networks and other computer systems
- Diagnosing system errors and other issues
- Installing or changing software to fix issues
- Manage permissions on Software.
- Routine scheduled checks e.g. daily, weekly etc.
- Log all requests to Clients Service Desk
- Troubleshoot any first level support on the tickets, including basic coding
- Route the ticket to necessary 2nd or 3rd level for resolution
- Own the service desk relationship with the client, follow-up tickets and ensure closure
- Use the Incident Management in Jira to document and manage problems and work requests and their respective resolutions and circumvention’s.
- Identify, evaluate and prioritize customer problems and complaints
- Running reports to analyse common complaints and issues
- Ensure that processes and procedures are following in accordance for the company ITIL guidelines.
- You will provide reports and statistics on service desk to clients monthly/ weekly in alignment to their SLA
- Technical helpdesk or technical call centre experience
- Good time and task management
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise work
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of business practices
- Logical problem solving abilities
- An ability to understand internal/external systems and adhere to processes
- Enjoy the process of learning
- Disciplined, systematic problem solving skills required.
- Exposure to ITIL advantage
What we can offer you:
- Culture of inclusivity
- Up-skill/Training opportunities
- Office hours will be on a 8am to 5pm or 9am to 6pm rota
- Permanent position
- 6 Month probation period
- Great Location in London near London Bridge, Southwark and Waterloo stations
- Starting ASAP
- Generous Leave Allowance 23 days leave as well as all working days between Christmas and New Years Day
- Salary of £25,000 to £30,000 depending on experience
All candidates must have professional level English, UK work experience and the necessary passport or visas to work indefinitely within the UK.
Applicants must register their interest and email through their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org