updated: 17 March 2020
Synetec is searching for an enthusiastic, conscientious and technically-skilled senior c# developer to join their evolving Engineering team.
Synetec design and develop bespoke software systems for multiple clients. Each project is unique, providing different opportunities and challenges. We use SCRUM and other agile practices to manage our work and we constantly strive to improve what we do.
Within the team we like to encourage a friendly and collaborative atmosphere, from “lunch-and-learn” sessions to team trips to the bowling lane (which may, or may not be a little competitive!) We like team-members to be honest and open with each other, with the common goal of producing quality software, on-time and keeping our clients happy.
Whilst technical skills are important for this role, we feel that a person’s character is the most important factor for a team member. We are searching for can-do, positive people that relish a challenge and enjoy solving problems creatively.
As a Senior Developer, you will take a primary role in the design, development and maintenance of various software systems. You must have a passion for excellence, striving to continuously improve your skills and those of your team; leading by example and demonstrating best-practices in all areas of your role.
At Synetec, Senior Developers are the leaders on our Engineering team. They are a key component in delivering high-quality software and maintaining standards in our project teams.
Our collaborative working style means we expect senior developers to help guide and mentor more junior staff members. Additionally, senior developers are expected to lead discussions regarding software architect solutions for clients and prospective clients.
- Design/architect software solutions to meet customer requirements, both individually and collaboratively with the team
- Implement these solutions using best practices (especially writing testable code!)
- Testing your software
- Provide technical/design/architecture guidance to other members of the development team
- Provide technical/design/architecture advice to aid the sales/proposal process
- Continually improve your own skills, by way of both self-training and company-provided training
- Assist in the evaluation of interview candidates (new development team members)
- As part of the team; help to select and adopt new technologies, tools and practices
Essential Development Skills:
- Minimum of 4 years C# commercial experience
- Strong C# .Net developer, with proven commercial experience developing Web-based systems
- Experience with MS SQL
- Be a creative problem-solver
- Good knowledge & commercial experience of designing application architecture
- Good knowledge & commercial experience of design patterns (repository & UoW)
- Excellent written and spoken English
Beneficial Development Skills:
- Experience of a cloud platform such as AWS or Azure (especially with associated certifications)
- Experience working in a SCRUM team
- Commercial experience developing in .net Core
- Commercial experience developing in Angular (2+)
What we can offer you:
- Culture of inclusiveness
- Up-skill/Training opportunities (including AWS Certification and Angular)
- The opportunity to help shape an evolving development team
- Flexible Working Available
- Permanent position
- 6 Month probation period
- Great Location in London near London Bridge, Southwark and Waterloo stations. occassionally travelling to UK based client office.
- Starting ASAP
- Generous Leave Allowance 23 days leave as well as all working days between Christmas and New Years Day
- Generous salary, depending on experience
All candidates must have excellent professional level English, UK work experience and the necessary passport or visas to work indefinitely within the UK.