CRM and Portfolio Management System Integration
TThe organisation wanted to maximise their return on investment from their CRM system and assist the sales team to develop new business by having the appropriate data from their Portfolio Management System available in a secure and timely manner.
• The business had significant information available within their PMS such as client holdings across funds, positions, subscriptions, redemptions and valuations which needed to be manually retrieved, this in itself was such a time consuming process that it was mostly avoided.
• This PMS-based information needed to be reviewed in conjunction with the data stored in the Client Relationship System, looking at all related information in one place made it far more powerful and effective.
• The data needed to be up to date, visible to only authorised personnel and not negatively impact the performance nor the stability of the PMS.
• The data from the PMS needed to be enriched with all available related information from the CRM.
• All relevant information pertaining to the client needed to be accessible from within 1 screen.
• The information needed to be available near real-time.
• The performance of the PMS needed to be unaffected.
• Security should be in place to ensure that only relevant information was available and that any confidential or unrelated information was excluded.
This Investment Manager partnered with Synetec in order to deliver functionality to enrich and make available information that has improved the performance of their sales team. In the absence of a proprietary API, the data from the PMS was accessed through scheduled nightly reports.
Not only could the sales person view all relevant CRM information of the client, but also any transactions involving the client’s accounts and the valuation of their holdings.
This system allowed the valuable data that was locked in the PMS to contribute to the success of the business as a whole. Initial indications are that sales have improved significantly with the sales team attributing the majority of that increase to this integration and the additional information at their fingertips.